BSc Degrees in Economics, Management, Finance and the Social Sciences (EMFSS)The Bachelor of Science degrees in Economics, Management, Finance and Social Sciences offered by the University of London International Programmes are of international standing. Academic direction for these programmes is provided by the London School of Economics and Political Science, one of the most prestigious colleges of the University of London. The programmes are highly valued graduates obtained places on Masters Programes in prestigious university around the world and join leading comapnies.
Entry requirements for these degrees are detailed in the General Admission section of this prospectus. A brief description of the BSc degrees and the course list is given in the following pages. The information presented in this Prospectus is based on the current Prospectus of the University of the University of London International Programmes.
General information regarding period of study, registration and rules of progression for BSc degrees:
• The minimum period of study for the BSc degree is three academic years from a student's effective date of
• Each degree consists of 12 units, which are classified as either Foundation or Further units. Some units are
compulsory; this ensures that all students cover essential elements, other units are optional giving students
choices that will best suit their careers.
• Students are required to make a serious attempt in 12 units, including a minimum four Foundation units
and all compulsory units.
• Progression through each degree is guided by the prerequisites of foundation and further units. In the
following pages the prerequisites are indicated in parenthesis after the unit name. Optional subjects may
also have prerequisites. For further details in this regard, please consult the current BSc EMFSS University
of London prospectus.
For further details information about the University of London International Programmes, Please visit
• The University of London is recognized worldwide.
• The University of London degree is also recognized by HEC.
• There is only one University of London degree.
• All qualifications have a ‘Lead College’ or group of Colleges which takes responsibility for the academic
development of different subjects and degrees.
• The Lead College for the BSc Degrees taught at UCI is “The London School of Economics Political Science”
• Examinations may be taken at centres all over the world, including British Council Centres in Karachi,
Lahore and Islamabad.