Higher National Diploma in Business
HND is abbreviation of Higher National Diploma. It is a work-related higher education qualification. While bachelor degrees tend to focus on gaining knowledge, HND is designed to provide you with the skills to utilize that knowledge in a particular job. HND takes two years to complete and is highly valued by employers around the globe. It is being provided by about 400 universities and institutes of further education in the UK.
HND is mainly assessed through assignments, projects and practical exercises etc that students have to complete throughout their course.
HND in Business is offered as a full time course of two years duration comprising four semesters having four units in each semester. Regular classes will be offered four days per week having 3 hours lecturing each day. Students may opt Morning / Afternoon session.
HND QUICK FACTS
- Internationally recognized qualification offered by Pearson Edexcel, London, UK.
- Pearson Edexcel operates in 112 countries, more than four million students study its internationally recognized qualifications annually.
- Equivalent to Two Year BA/BSc in Pakistan.
- Affordable and economical.
- Direct to employment – in-depth professional education, highly acceptable as ground for employment.
- Successful completion of HND allows direct entry to a one-year top-up to a BA/BSc Honors Degree in high ranked UK universities.
- Ideal for students who wish to start professional training early.
SCOPE AND PROGRESSION
Since HND is designed to provide you with the skills for a certain field of work, it can lead you straight to a career. You can also convert your HND to a bachelor’s degree in the UK with some extra study. Once you complete the course, it can allow you an entry into second or third year of a bachelor’s degree course in numerous institutions worldwide. Moreover, students can even study for an MBA in Pakistan once they complete their course
At least 2 ‘A’ levels and 5 subjects of ‘O’ levels, Intermediate, Matric and Work related experience. Appropriate English language skills.